Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blog Hop #1 - FOOD

So when we were planning our wedding starting in 2002, I jumped on theknot.com.  I met a group of wonderful women and they've given me INVALUABLE advice over the years.   Now, a new facet of the group - a Blog Hop!  Someone will post a specific question and everyone in our group will be posting about it.   So these will happen once a week now!

This weeks' question is: What Is Your Child's Favorite and Least Favorite Food(s).  Are you happy about it?  How do you encourage a more diverse palate?  


Ellie used to be a very happy eater. Then she became a toddler!!

She adores "o's", goldfish and, surprise surprise - soup! She also is her mommy's kiddo and loves pasta!! Right now, though, her very favorite food is the Clementine! She can even peel her own!

The other thing she loves is "dip-dip." The kid will eat *anything* she thinks she can dip in something. Which is pretty much everything.  The other night I gave her some ketchup for her meatballs (don't ask :-) and she dipped her peas in it. Ick.  Give the kid some dip-dip and anything is fair game.

 
Mmmmm peas and ketchup (ick)

What does Ellie NOT like?  Pretty much anything green, except peas and cucumbers.  She won't touch broccoli (aside from the above situation), asparagus, green beans....  It's amazing the vastness of veggies she won't eat! It makes her Mommy and Daddy very sad :/

This was a rare occurance last summer -- Ellie and Lettuce.

Also, surprisingly, she *hates* turkey.  Thanksgiving week was pretty bad for her, since we bought a 20lb turkey for 4 adults/2 kiddos...   She even ate around it when I made turkey pot pies!! Crazy kiddo!

 Do I wish she'd eat more veggies? Yes. Am I glad that she'll choose an orange over most things as a snack? Of course!! As far as getting her to try new things, I just don't think we're there. I always offer her new things. And most times she'll take a bite. But she is pretty stubborn (wonder where she gets that???) and generally won't try something again if she didn't like it.

Unless we hide it under dip.


Or chocolate.
MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, hide it under dip! Great advice. I guess anything that helps her eat peas is good.

Post a Comment